General

General

Categories

1. When editing a video to add it to a channel, you have to first type in the name of the channel in search before the channel shows up.

It would be great if either ALL channels, or YOUR channels showed up by default instead of having to type something in first.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. when i hold a team meeting with a lot of people and someone presents his content it always takes all the tiles of all participants. It would be nice if it took the same settings for recording as I set it up.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be helpful to have the option to make the video player larger.

I can do the default small size (can't see anyone's screen sharing details), or full screen (too big).

I don't want full screen because I can no longer multitask or switch windows easily. I prefer the video to fill the browser tab, instead of wasting all the white space.

Could we have a medium size that uses the browser screen size, without taking over my whole desktop in fullscreen mode?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Users have to choose the subtitle language each time they play a video.
    1. Load the preferred language depending of the local regional settings of the user
    2. Force to load a language through a parameter in the URL (Similar to the already existent parameter "st" used for setting the starting time)

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It's helpful to see who is following, not just the number of followers on the channel.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The way it works right now is that it's kind of the wild west and anyone can post anything anywhere. There's no control. 

We can restrict who can upload in general, but that breaks Teams meetings recordings. We have our admin level setting so that the allow the who company options is unticked by default, but there's nothing stopping the user from ticking it and making it viewable to the whole company.

We have one user that has upload literally hundreds of videos and just ticket the box for whole company access, just because it was easier to that than to only…

223 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Users who have watched the video in the stream can search, but do not know when the user stopped viewing the video.

If I know when you stopped viewing the video, it makes it easier for employees to appreciate the case of providing accounts to outsiders.
    (Through the viewing start time, viewing end time, IP, user information)

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need the ability to cleanup old videos. Admin/Users should be able to specify an expiration date on every video. Video would then move to recycle bin, where it would then be deleted 30 days later.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Microsoft Stream to record for longer than 15 minutes.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Because of inappropriate transcription that was offensive, we need an admin option to disable transcript at organization level, or at least to it to disable by default.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There's a glitch when you try to change how the videos are sorted. Every time you click the drop-down menu it adjusts the screen to the top of the page. Most students don't need the videos to be sorted by how many of their classmates have watched it. We need it to be sorted by the order in which our teacher or professor has taught it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When you right-click a YouTube video, one of the options is "Copy video URL at current time". You can then share that link, and the person clicking it will begin watching the video at that specific time marker. If this exists in Stream, I can't find it, so I would need to tell the link recipient to click manually with the scrubbing control, estimating the position for a given mm:ss time.

It would be great if the Stream video UI (right click or other control) would provide an option to copy the video URL with playback starting at that particular…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add connection close details to the Teams meeting session debug information. You cannot tell or at least easily discern if it was a connection drop/timeout or they clicked 'leave'. At least some evidence of a BYE or equivalent should be floating around at the end of an intentionally terminated connection.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The implementation of explicit permissions or "visible to whole organisation" should be reversed, so that it follows the documentation - ie. that "whole organisation" makes the video available to everyone, regardless of other permissions set. This will allow a small group to maintain permissions to video and to make them available to the organisation without having to delete the explicit permissions. I can't see a single use case for it's current configuration, which while labeled as a "conflict" is also labeled "as designed"... the two don't go together

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Looking for the inventory and usage of the videos in the Stream in order to manage and administer in tenant level. There is no way to pull these details for the videos in the tenant level.

1. All videos uploaded along with size, Owner, channel, etc details
    2. Permission of each videos
    3. Usage Trends, ie, who all watched, when , how many views
    12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It is extremely tedious and time consuming to manage hundreds of video permissions individually, along with description/language/options/etc. We need a bulk video editor feature to be up to standards with other video streaming platforms.

As it exists today, it is only possible to "edit" 1 video at a time. This does not satisfy the needs our of company.

448 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like a time stamp on videos to know the time the meeting started and know what time students turn off their cameras during a test to monitor cheating.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can you please make the large view appear when the recording is happening?
    I need to see all of my students and record them during live tests to watch for cheating.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As of right now I can only screen record for 15 measly minutes. I have large conferences and see the potential with this app but I cannot consider it, until this restriction is removed.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Some of our group names are quite long and this causes issues when allocating permissions to groups in Stream. It is not possible to view the complete name in the list of 'Viewers' and there is no way to expand the column to view the full name. We either need more characters to be shown, or the ability to widen the column.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?