General

General

Categories

1. Here are a few basic functions that would be incredibly helpful to have for tracking video progress and interactions with viewers:

Trend Reporting:
    Average time viewed for videos
    Growth over Time for views/likes (day, week, month)
    Views over a 24 hour period (when the videos are watched during the day to plan for new content releases)

Other recommendations:
    Reply to comments
    Email notification for comment postings

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. *English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    チャネルごとに動画のアップロードを制限する機能の拡充希望
    Add function to restrict video uploads on a per-channel basis

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Streamを利用する上で、チャネルごとの動画のアップロードの制限がないことで、誤った権限で動画が公開されてしまうことを懸念している。
    特定ユーザーが誤って全ユーザーへ動画を公開しない為に、チャネルのメンバーのみ動画を視聴可能にし、かつ当該チャンネルに動画をアップロードできるユーザーを制限ができる設定があることによって、上記懸念を回避できると考えておりますので、機能の拡充を希望します。

In using Microsoft Stream, there is a risk that videos will be published with the wrong visibility settings since there is no way to restrict the upload of videos on a per-channel basis.
    If it was possible to only allow channel members to view videos, and restrict the users who can upload videos to that channel, it would be possible to avoid such issues, given that we don’t want specified users to accidentally publish videos to all users.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We have a great platform to start storing new kinds of documents that are coming more and more in the companies. Vlogs and Podcasts. These are new way to deliver informations and are more and more on demand in companies.
    Storing Podcasts could be great cause we can very offently consider a teams meeting as just a podcast if there is nothing to show. Using ML we could easily extract keyphrases and we could propose to users to follow some keywords and download these 1 or 3 min around the keywords as a daily podcast. That would help in braking…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As of this writing, video uploaders and owners can download a video to devices that may be unmanaged by an organization. Videos containing sensitive content may be further disseminated to unauthorized parties. Suggest including a configurable option for administrators to block the downloading of video content.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give the ability to disable the "Trending Videos" view on the right hand side for certain videos or channels that you create.

195 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. As a user I need the ability to link recording on OneDrive to an existing Stream Channel.

With the move of Stream recordings from Teams meeting to OneDrive there is no longer an option to immediately link the recording to a Stream Channel. The user must first download and then upload the video to Stream in order to link to a Stream Channel.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In order to support sharing video guidance for processes, I benefit greatly from being able to send a video starting at a specific timestamp with others. I have not found a way to do that in the new version of Stream that is within SharePoint/OneDrive. It's very useful to allow people to click to certain parts of the video for this video guidance.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Administrators are able to upload videos when admin mode is not enabled.

Better is that you must enable the admin mode. This behavior is really misleading.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since everyone is having issues with searching Groups, why not have an alpha-site-index or at least pagination at the bottom. I knew the group was name OneUK, but I had to click on "Show More" about 30 times just to get to it. If there was site index at the top or bottom paginations buttons I could have easily found the group I was looking for.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When a video needs to be approved, it would be really nice if the people approving place some markers/locators (with time) in this video, so i could export them as a xml and import then in any editing software (Avid, Adobe Premiere, Davinci Resolve), and make any alteration needed. Frame.io is a tool that make this task, but i wonder if there is a tool in microsoft 365 that could do it.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. It would be helpful to know who has views the video I have created. In the education setting, this allows me to track participation and know how is missing out on critical content delivered asynchronously.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an option for skipping ahead or back by some short interval such as 15 or 30 seconds. Rather than trying to drag the progress bar forward or back, being able to quickly move in one direction or the other would be nice.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow the user to pick a different file format than .webm for the Screen recording tool.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. While you can add timestamps in the video description and they will be linked to that time in the video, it would be great if these would also show on the progress bar like the do on Youtube videos.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, Stream only allows for .vtt transcription/subtitle format. The ability to upload other formats (.srt, .idx, .sub, etc.) would be hugely beneficial.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like similar search functionality in Stream as in SharePoint/OneDrive. So that you can search on parts of a Word or Video title and still find it in the Results.

I my Education environment is that absolute necessary.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like an option to export a report of all videos and their permissions.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The video content is not protected. All uploaded content can be stolen.
    Yes, the videos cannot be shared externally or downloaded, but it is very easy for students to use any external screen recording software. please find a solution to prevent screen recording.
    Could you detect if a 3rd party screen recording software is being used, while video playback is happening on Streams? shortly; I want the privacy of content not to be indirectly violated within my educational institution.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?